• 2 cups (280gm) all purpose or plain flour (Maida)-cake flour can be used.
• 1 cup (400 gm) sweetened condensed milk
• 1/2 cup (60ml) softened butter (at room temperature)
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda (soda bi-carb/mitha soda)
• 1 tsp Vinegar
• 2 tsp vanilla essence
• 1 cup ( about 125ml) Milk(at room temperature)-can be added more or less to adjust consistency of batter
• Sugar – 2 tsp
Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
1.Preheat Oven at 350F (about 180C).
2. Sift the flour along with Baking powder and Soda together in a bowl. Leave aside
3. In another cup, Mix milk, vinegar & vanilla essence. Keep mixture for 5 minutes
4. Now In another bowl, mix butter, oil & sugar. Then add condensed milk & mix well. Now in this mixture add a little of dry stuff mixture & milk mixture & keep on mixing. Don’t add all ingredients at once as it’ll create lumps. Keep on adding until you get batter ready.
5.The batter should be of a dropping consistency. Pour this into a greased (7 or 9″) diameter cake pan. Place the tray on middle rack in preheated oven. Cover it with foil as it will avoid cracks on top of cake.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes and check it with a tooth pick. You know it is ready when the cake starts leaving the sides of the pan, get a brown tinge and as a further check – insert a toothpick in the center of the cake and it should come dry and clean.
7. Remove from the Oven. Let it sit for few minutes (about 10 minutes). Invert it upside down (so that the bottom is now on top) on a plate. The cake is ready.